Get practical, insider advice to help you build your health writing career.
Discover how to break into health & medical writing.
- How it works: This course is available on demand. You’ll receive the first lesson as soon as you sign up. Every day for 12 days, I’ll send you a new lesson complete with recommended reading and action points.
- Teacher: Michelle Guillemard (read more about me further on).
- Requirements: An internet connection, a curious mind, and the desire to explore a rewarding, new career direction!
Who should take this course?
My Breaking Into Health Writing course is for you if:
- You’re keen to explore a career in health writing – you want to learn about the field to see if it’s the right fit for you.
- You don’t know much (or anything) about being a health writer, yet you like the sound of it – and, you want a solid understanding of what a health writing job involves.
- You’re trying to decide if you have the right skills to be a health writer – you want to make sure you have the necessary attributes – and, if you don’t, you want strategies that will help you pinpoint any opportunities for improvement.
- You want definite plans for transitioning to health writing – you want to feel thoroughly prepared before you make a significant career change or shift.
“PACKED WITH HIGH-QUALITY, ACTIONABLE CONTENT.”
“The 12-day course was packed with high quality, actionable content. It was not only engaging and insightful, it was also concisely written into easy-to-digest chunks. A large amount of additional reading material provided further interest and depth to the course. Each lesson linked well with the next lesson and the course flowed seamlessly. The presentation of the information was clearly formatted ensuring an easy-to-read email. Your friendly and conversational writing style are a breath of, fresh air and I found myself looking forward to the next installment. You have well-and-truly over-delivered with your “Breaking Into Health Writing” course!” – Joanne Thambyah
“ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS”
“Thank you, Michelle, for putting this course together. It not only answered all my questions about health writing but has inspired me to explore this as a career opportunity when l finish my bachelor degree. I would highly recommend this course to anyone interested in learning more about health writing.” – Courtney Baker
Ready to break into health writing?
Here’s what you’ll learn in the course.
- Lesson 1: What do health writers do? The scope and variety of the field may surprise you.
- Lesson 2. Who do health writers work for? Discover the businesses, companies, and clients who work with health writers.
- Lesson 3. What skills and qualifications do health writers need? Learn options for enhancing your skills and completing further training.
- Lesson 4. The importance of writing clear health content. Get writing tips and advice to help you produce high-quality, socially responsible health content.
- Lesson 5. How to stay up-to-date with the industry. Learn about regulations, laws, controversies, and how to keep up with industry news.
- Lesson 6. How to get health writing experience. Create and enhance your health writing portfolio.
- Lesson 7. Becoming a freelance health writer. Learn what’s involved in building a freelance business and finding work from anywhere in the world.
- Lesson 8. Becoming an employed health writer and finding jobs. Discover where and how to find full-time and part-time health writing jobs.
- Lesson 9. Making contacts and networking with other health writers. Learn how to start making lifelong connections in the health writing industry.
- Lesson 10. Transitioning to health writing from another area. Develop a plan for transitioning to the field.
- Lesson 11. How much money health writers make. Learn where some of the best-paying markets are.
- Lesson 12. Building and defining your career as a health writer. Plan your next steps, including how to focus on the health-related areas you love within the industry.
- Loyalty discount: 30% off any other Health Writer Hub course.
- Student handouts: Access to best-practice resources to help you write high-quality health content.
- 1:1 support: Connect with me during your course for support and feedback.
- Career planning: Get personalised advice to help you plan your next steps and career transition.
“SAVES HOURS OF RESEARCHING”
“Thank you so much for this amazing and informative course. It covers everything a health writer is looking for when he is starting his career. It saved me hours of researching into how to start career as health writer.” – Samreen Salim
“MICHELLE IS THE GO-TO EXPERT FOR THOSE STARTING OUT A WRITING CAREER IN THE HEALTH NICHE”
“I was fortunate enough to have Michelle as my writing mentor when I began health writing. She’s the go-to expert for those starting out a writing career in the health or medical niche, with insider tips and advice to help you start successfully. In fact, Michelle pointed me to an online resource where I managed to land one of my best-paying clients!” – Joe Leech, Diet vs Disease
Hello, and congratulations on taking the first step towards breaking into health writing!
I’m Michelle Guillemard, and my courses help health professionals and aspiring writers to enhance their skills and grow their careers.
I work with people from all over the world who are looking for guidance and an understanding of the vast career options in health communication.
I created Breaking Into Health Writing to give you with a solid understanding of how the industry works. The course is designed to prepare you before you plunge so that you can plan your transition armed with useful knowledge.
Health writing is an evolving, exciting discipline – and, no two pathways are the same. (You can read more about my journey here.)
There is an enormous amount of work in the field. And, if you’re willing to learn the art of health writing and take a few chances along the way, you’ll do very well.
So, what do you say – are you ready to break into health writing with me?
“I LOOKED FORWARD TO EACH DAY SEEING WHAT THE NEXT NUGGET WOULD BE!”
“Hi Michelle, thanks so much for the 12 lessons. I looked forward each day to see what the next nugget would be! It has been motivational for me, and is helping me focus on next steps.” – Lee Nourse
Frequently asked questions
What you need to know.
Can I email you during the course if I have a question?
Yes – in fact, I want you to contact me! My full support is included in this course. I will answer any questions you have along the way, and I will talk to you about your next steps once you have finished the course.
Can I still take this course if I’m American/ English/ Australian/ European?
I often get students contacting me and asking this question. I have designed ALL my courses to be relevant for any English-speaking writer, anywhere. I don’t believe that your location should limit your health writing career prospects and everything that is taught in this course is applicable at a global level. I’ve had students from Australia, America, New Zealand, Asia, Europe and the UK take this and other courses.
Do you offer a guarantee?
I want everyone who signs up for any of my courses to get the most out of their course. I want you to be satisfied that the course content is exactly as described on this page. I very much care about providing a quality, valuable course for all students. If you are not happy with the course content after the first three emails, I encourage you to let me know so we can discuss your concerns together. If we can’t come to an agreement, you may be eligible for a refund (less $80 administration fee). This guarantee is valid for three days after your course commencement date, and all refunds are discretionary as determined by me. (Please note: Refunds do not apply if you change your mind.)
How do I sign up and access the course?
To sign up for the course, click on the button on this page. You will then be asked to complete your payment via Paypal. This course is priced in AUD and will convert to your local currency through Paypal. You will receive a confirmation receipt and order number after you complete your payment. You’ll receive a welcome email and then daily emails, every day for 12 days.
How long will I have access?
You have access forever. Once those emails arrive in your inbox, they are yours for life!
What is the course price?
Breaking Into Health Writing costs $149 AUD.
How much time do I need to set aside?
I recommend you allow around 1-2 hours per lesson to read the content, review the recommended reading, and consider the action points. However, everyone is different, and these timings are only a guide.
How is this course different from other similar courses?
Breaking Into Health Writing is a one-of-a-kind course! Most other similar types of writing courses focus on writing in general or other forms of medical writing. This course is 100% geared to writing about health for a consumer or lay audience.
Do you offer loyalty discounts?
I do indeed! All students who take one of my courses will receive a voucher for 30% off any of my other courses. You can get in touch with me if you have any questions about this.
How often is the material updated?
I review and update the course content throughout the year. I survey students after they have completed the course and their suggestions are incorporated. Additionally, I am constantly keeping up to date with new industry trends and looking for the latest advice to include – helping to ensure the content is always as relevant and current as possible.
Can you help me set up a freelance writing business?
This course is designed to teach you about the health writing field. While I discuss aspects of running a freelance business, it’s not just a freelance health writing course. If you’re interested in a comprehensive course on how to set up a freelance writing business, take a look at my How To Become A Freelance Health Writer course.
I have a question – how can I contact you?
I welcome questions and am happy to hear from you. You can reach me via the contact form here.
“I HAVE NOT LOOKED BACK … MICHELLE’S ADVICE AND SUPPORT ARE FABULOUS”
Michelle is friendly and approachable, and her advice and support are fabulous for guiding me through the early phases of business set-up and delivery. Michelle shares her business insights openly, understands my needs well and is readily available to talk whenever I need further advice. I highly recommend Michelle to anyone seeking a confident entry into the medical and health writing field. – Kara Gilbert
You made it to the end! So, what do you say – are you ready to kick start your health writing career?
Your course starts as soon as you sign up.