The Essential ESL Writing Skills Course
You have an excellent education, training and skills in your native language. But when it comes to writing in English, you’re not confident. What’s holding you back from achieving your goals? Writing effectively in English. The Essential ESL Writing Skills Course is a one-of-a-kind class that only focuses on the essential writing techniques that you, as a non-native English speaker, need to know. Ready to write better English? Let’s go!
More than 1000 students in 40 countries have taken our courses.
Learn at your own pace, from anywhere in the world, with unlimited access.
We’re independently accredited for quality, academic standards and professional development.
Our detailed video course will walk you through the most common ESL writing dilemmas.
Do any of these writing challenges sound familiar?
Non-native speakers face common dilemmas, like:
- Struggling to get your point across
- Using too many words
- Limiting your vocabulary
- Repeating information
- Using the incorrect tense
- Confusing words that sound the same
- Using incorrect grammar and punctuation
- Writing sentences that are too long
- Lacking confidence in English writing.
Apply what you’ve learned in any setting
The Essential ESL Writing Skills Course is designed for non-native English speakers who want to:
- Write with confidence
- Develop professional English writing skills
- Produce clear, focused sentences
- Express ideas confidently
- Communicate better at work
- Form convincing arguments
- Explain complex topics clearly and concisely.
Learn transferable skills
Strong English writing is a valuable professional skill – but it’s also essential in your personal life, too. Use the skills you learn in this course to write better emails, applications, letters, messages – the list goes on!
Through The Essential ESL Writing Skills Course, I will teach you how to:
- Stop making most common ESL writing mistakes
- Identify your skills gaps and address them
- Write English naturally
- Feel more confident about your writing
- Produce stronger, more professional writing
- Get easy tips to help you write more effective content
- Learn the grammar and punctuation essentials that non-native speakers need to know.
Who is The Essential ESL Writing Skills Course for?
This course is relevant for any non-native English speaker, including:
- Aspiring writers
- Marketing teams
- Support staff
- University or college students.
Remember: This writing course is specifically designed for people who speak English as a second (or third or fourth!) language and want to develop professional, high-quality English writing skills.
Industry-leading resources help you gain the skills and confidence you need to write professionally in English.
- Comprehensive video lessons
- Fun, interactive quizzes and writing exercises
- Teacher support
- Student-only Facebook group of other ESL writers
- Tools and resources
- Answers to all your questions and concerns
- Lifetime access so you can dive back in whenever you need a refresher
- Loyalty discounts giving you 30% off our other courses
- World-class eLearning platform for a seamless learning experience.
Lessons full of best-practice advice that will empower you to write better English.
Part 1: English writing essentials
- The importance of good writing skills when English is your second language
Learn how and why strong English writing skills are essential.
- The quality mindset
Discover why your mindset is key to excellent writing.
- Developing an effective English writing process
From research and planning to writing, editing and proofreading.
Part 2: Effective English writing strategies
- A simple guide to writing clear sentences
Learn writing tips and advice to help you produce high-quality sentences.
- How to overcome the most common ESL-specific writing dilemmas
Identify common errors and learn how to avoid them.
- Effective formulas for structuring your writing in a variety of styles
- Discover the most suitable way to structure different types of writing.
Part 3: Enhancing your writing
- Evidence-based strategies for forming strong, convincing arguments.
Use persuasive writing techniques to achieve your goals.
- Editing and proofreading essentials.
Discover the essential grammar and punctuation rules you need to know.
All you need to take this course are:
- A good understanding of English
- A desire to learn and write
- See points one and two!
Need this course for a group? Contact me for group discounts.
How does the course work?
Here’s what you can expect.
The Essential ESL Writing Skills Course starts on 4 October 2021. From then, you’ll be able to log in and start working through the course at your own pace. Every lesson includes writing tasks you can submit to your teacher for personal feedback. There are no live classes, as people from all around the world take the course. You can connect with other students in the course community and Facebook group, and we schedule regular “meet and greet” Zoom calls so you can connect with other ESL writers.
Your industry expert
Who I am, and why I want to help you succeed.
Hi, I’m Michelle Guillemard – Founder of Health Writer Hub, and your ESL writing teacher. For more than 10 years, I’ve been teaching people worldwide (40+ countries) how to write clearly about complex topics. I’ve assessed hundreds of writing samples from non-native speakers. Working 1:1 with writers from so many countries has given me a unique insight into the specific writing challenges that ESL writers face. This means I know exactly what you struggle with and how to help you achieve your goals!
Here’s another fact about me: Not only have I taught writing to hundreds of non-native speakers, but I’m also married to a non-native speaker! That means I spend a lot of time communicating with non-native speakers at work and outside of work. So, I know firsthand the challenges you face when it comes to clear communication. (I’m also studying my B1 level in French.)
I’ve developed this course to help you identify and correct the most common ESL writing errors. After following the tips and techniques in the course, you will improve your writing skills now and in the future. The Essential ESL Writing Skills Course has an exclusive focus on writing training for non-native speakers. So, what do you say – are you ready to write better English? Let’s go!
Frequently asked questions
What you need to know.