Email newsletter marketing is a vital business tool for your clients, but if you’re trying to build a professional health writing business, you need to have an email list as well.
Use this to communicate with your clients, keep them up to date with what you’ve been working on, highlight any interesting industry news, promote giveaways and offers (discounted rates for example) and keep your business top of mine.
Relationship marketing is everything. Building your tribe, your followers, your avid fans and customers is crucial to your success.
But all too often, we focus on getting new customers… and forget about our most valuable source of more business – our existing customer base.
It’s almost like giving your customers the cold shoulder once they buy from you.
If your current customers never hear from you again except to get a sales pitch….next time they just may buy from someone who takes the time to show their appreciation.
It takes planning and effort to communicate regularly with your customers. But there’s a simple way to keep in touch and show that you value them, without much effort….
….just send a regular newsletter!
10 reasons why email newsletter marketing is the most powerful way to acquire new customers, and nurture current ones.
1. Educate and market without hard selling: Newsletters are an ideal way to educate your customers about your products or services, providing solutions to their healthcare marketing challenges and problems. They bypass the need to do any hard selling.
2. Most cost-effective marketing. You can communicate with your entire customer and prospect base for pennies in transmission fees, compared with the cost of print mail or advertising.3. See measurable results. You can see your open rate and click-through-rate with an email management system like Constant Contact, Aweber, Infusionsoft or Mail Chimp.
4. Gain high ROI. Acquiring just one new loyal customer can pay for your newsletter production costs.
5. Create two-way dialogues. By creating a relationship with your readers, you can ask what’s on their minds to find out what they’re most likely to purchase.
6. Position you as the expert resource. People buy more from experts they know, like, and trust. A regular e-newsletter keeps you front of mind as a valued expert.
7. Create word-of-mouth advertising: E-newsletters are easy to forward, link and share, increasing word-of-mouth advertising and exposure to your products.
8. Multipurpose content. The content in your e-newsletter can be uploaded to social media sites, blog posts, trade publications, and more. The more places you use the content, the more return you get for their investment.
9. The money’s in the list: Building a customer list is the most important thing you can do for your online marketing. More people see your products and your promotions, increasing your revenue exponentially.
10. Email newsletter marketing delivers value. As long as you make valuable content your main focus, people will open your newsletter and read it.
Lynda Goldman is a natural health marketer and copywriter, as well as an author of 31 textbooks and non-fiction books. She blogs about advice for natural health businesses over at Lynda Goldman Copywriting and she also runs Healthy Organic Women, a magazine dedicated to inspiring healthy women. If you’re interested in contributing to Health Organic Women, get in touch with Lynda today.