View all courses
Browse our complete program.
About health writing
Health & medical writing is a growing field. With more and more writers looking to specialise in a niche, the health & medical writing field continues to increase in popularity. The work is rewarding – you’re helping people improve their health, adhere to their treatments and change behaviours.
The clients and job opportunities are as fascinating as they are diverse. You could be writing about heart health one day and paediatrics the next. You could write anything and everything from healthy lifestyle advice to a systematic review, patient information, or be engaged to edit a book. There is plenty of work available. And, most importantly, the work pays well!
Why take a Health Writer Hub course?
Taking a course to improve your health and medical writing skills is important for any writer who wants to specialise. Writing about medicine requires specific expertise. Medical writers need an understanding of medical terminology, top medical journals, diseases and conditions, treatments, the medical writing industry, clinical evidence, and best practices.
Knowing how to write about medicine accurately, without overpromising, takes skill and practice. If you’re writing for consumers, you also need to know how to write about complex topics clearly. If you’re writing for the web or marketing health products, it’s important to be aware of regulations, content strategy, social media, how people read online content, and SEO and keyword research.
Employers and clients look for writers who have relevant experience, as they want their content to be accurate, credible and reliable. Our health writing courses improve your skills and give you industry-specific knowledge – so you can feel confident you’re providing a high-quality health & medical writing service, every time.
What sets our health writing courses apart?
- Highly experienced teacher – Michelle Guillemard (that’s me!) has years of speciality experience working in health & medical communication
- CPD certification – all courses are independently accredited with The CPD Certification Service, one of the world’s leading CPD institutions
- Satisfied students, succeeding in their careers – reading 100+ testimonials from students is a great way to gauge how valuable the course is
- Student groups – being able to connect with other students during the learning process makes the course fun and enhances the teachings
- Niche curriculum – the curriculum addresses the specific needs of health writers and is clearly explained, with the key learning objectives detailed
- Flexible learning – being able to access materials whenever and wherever you like during the course period makes it easier to learn if you have other commitments.
Through Health Writer Hub, I’ve taught thousands of students the art of health & medical writing. Many of my students have gone on to run their own successful businesses, start health blogs, get employed work as a medical writer, and get published in quality publications.
How much do our courses cost?
At Health Writer Hub, our course fees range from $200-595 USD. I aim to make these courses affordable for writers who are just starting out and want to grow their skills but don’t have a lot of spare money to throw around.
What will you learn?
Course curriculum varies, depending on the focus topics and curriculum. Courses teach the following skills:
- Different styles of writing – including news, article writing, patient handouts, web content, sales content, and more
- Rules and regulations – marketing health products, promoting health professional services
- Where to find jobs – opportunities and the market
- Techniques to improve skills – improving speciality skills like copywriting, to general clear writing skills
- Specific skills for medical writers – everything from how to research properly to language usage and health literacy
- Writing about clinical evidence – how to ensure your writing is always high quality and credible
- Formats – different content formats required by most clients and employers.
The importance of feedback and coaching
All writing courses include homework and personalised feedback. Feedback and coaching are essential components of any writing course. Feedback helps you improve your skills and work on your specific strengths and weaknesses. Getting feedback from an experienced writing teacher will help you to improve your skills and put the course learnings into practice.
We offer a range of 4 to 6-week online health & medical writing courses to help you learn essential techniques in a short space of time. You can learn at your own pace, but have the benefit of teacher support and student Facebook group. You also get lifetime access to all course materials.
If you have any questions, I’d love to chat with you about my courses. Get in touch with me here.