View all courses
Browse our complete program.
Principles of Health & Medical Copywriting
Learn the art of persuasive, credible and compliant health copywriting.
Breaking Into Health Writing
Transition to the health & medical writing industry with confidence.
Build Your Portfolio Masterclass
Invest in your writing future and create a portfolio of quality writing samples.
How to Become a Freelance Health Writer
The tools and support you need to start a successful freelance health writing business.
Not sure which course you need?
Answer a quick question and get a personalised recommendation.
The medical editing strategies and secrets you need to become a master editor.
Introduction to Health Writing
Grow your health writing skills and transform your expertise.
How to Write Patient Education Materials
Transform your readers’ health with the power of effective patient education.
Health Marketing Rules
Understand your obligations as a professional health & medical marketer.
10 Easy Ways to Enhance Your Health Content
Every day for three days, you’ll receive a new mini-lesson packed full of industry-leading techniques.
Learn about health writing
Health & medical writing is a growing field
With more and more writers looking to specialise in a niche, the health & medical writing field continues to increase in popularity.
And for good reason. The work is rewarding – you’re helping people improve their health, adhere to their treatments and change behaviours.
The clients and job opportunities are as fascinating as they are diverse. You could be writing about heart health one day and paediatrics the next. You could write anything and everything from healthy lifestyle advice to a systematic review, patient information, or be engaged to edit a book.
There is plenty of work available. And, most importantly, it pays well!
Why take a Health Writer Hub course?
Taking a course to improve your health and medical writing skills is important for any writer wanting to specialise.
Writing about medicine takes specific expertise, and it’s not something that general writers can do easily.
Knowing how to write about medicine accurately without overpromising yet still making content appealing and interesting takes a lot of practice.
Those writing for consumers also need to know how to write about complex topics clearly.
If you’re writing for the web, or marketing health products, it’s also important to be aware of regulations, content strategy, social media, how people read online content, SEO and keyword research, and more.
Employers like writers to have relevant experience, so they can trust the work they’re getting is high quality, credible and reliable.
Courses improve your skills so you know that, regardless of whether you’re freelancing or looking for employed work, you’re providing high-quality health & medical writing.
What sets these health writing courses apart?
- Highly experienced teacher – Michelle Guillemard, your teacher, has years of speciality experience working in health & medical communication
- CPD Certification – all courses are independently accredited with The CPD Certification Service, one of the world’s leading CPD institutions
- Satisfied students, succeeding in their careers – reading feedback from past students is a great way to gauge how valuable the course is
- Student groups – being able to connect with other students during the learning process makes the course fun and enhances the teachings
- Niche curriculum – the curriculum addresses the specific needs of health writers and is clearly explained, with the key learning objectives detailed
- Flexible learning – being able to access materials whenever and wherever you like during the course period makes it easier to learn if you have other commitments.
How much do the courses cost?
Prices for online writing courses vary. Some online courses can cost thousands.
At Health Writer Hub, courses range from $200-595 USD. I aim to make these courses affordable for writers who are just starting out and want to grow their skills but don’t have a lot of spare money to throw around.
What will you learn?
Course curriculum varies, depending on the focus topics and curriculum. Courses teach the following skills:
- Different styles of writing – including news, article writing, patient handouts, web content, sales content, and more
- Rules and regulations – marketing health products, promoting health professional services
- Where to find jobs – opportunities and the market
- Techniques to improve skills – improving speciality skills like copywriting, to general clear writing skills
- Specific skills for medical writers – everything from how to research properly to language usage and health literacy
- Writing about clinical evidence – how to ensure your writing is always high quality and credible
- Formats – different content formats required by most clients and employers.
The importance of feedback and coaching
Feedback and coaching are essential components of any writing course.
Feedback helps you improve your skills and work on your specific strengths and weaknesses.
Getting feedback from an experienced writing teacher will help you to improve your skills and put the course learnings into practice.
At Health Writer Hub, I offer a range of 4 to 6-week online health & medical writing courses to help you learn essential techniques in a short space of time.
You can learn at your own pace, but have the benefit of teacher support and student forums.
You also get lifetime access to the materials.
Through Health Writer Hub, I’ve taught hundreds of students the art of health & medical writing.
Many of my students have gone on to run their own successful businesses, start health blogs, get employed work as a medical writer, and get published in quality magazines.
If you have any questions, I’d love to chat to you about my courses – please feel free to get in touch with me here.