Introduction To Health Writing Course
Next start date: 2 September 2019
Want to improve your health writing skills so you can write industry-leading health content? Start here. You’ll learn the essential best-practices of high-quality health writing through eight comprehensive lessons. Discover how to write engaging, compelling, credible and compliant health news, articles, patient info, and blogs. Join hundreds of other health writers who, like you, care about writing powerful health content that makes a difference. Read more about our popular Introduction To Health Writing course.
Health & Medical Copywriting Course
Next start date: 18 November 2019
If you’re keen to develop essential health & medical copywriting skills, this is the course for you. You’ll learn the art of persuasive, credible and compliant copywriting, and you’ll explore career opportunities for healthcare copywriters. With dozens of industry-leading tools, techniques, and resources for creating effective, convincing copywriting, this course is a must for anyone who cares about writing best-practice health & medical copy. Check out our upcoming medical copywriting course.
Freelance Medical Writing Course
Next start date: Join the waiting list
Ready to become a freelance medical writer, but not sure how to take the next step? Look no further. In this comprehensive, self-paced course, you’ll discover how to set up a sustainable, long-term freelance business. You’ll be given best-practice resources for working efficiently, marketing your niche skills to your target customers, finding well-paying clients, and getting paid on time. Discover how to thrive, not just survive, in the lucrative health & medical writing industry. Join the wait list for the next freelance medical writing course.
Careers In Medical Writing Course
Learn on demand: Sign up today
Keen to explore a career in health & medical writing? This is the course for you. You’ll discover who health & medical writers work for and the incredibly diverse work you can do in this lucrative industry. You’ll discover what a ‘day in the life’ of a health writer looks like and get the tools, resources and insider info you need to plan your career transition with confidence! You can learn online at your own pace – so, what are you waiting for? Join more than 1,000 health writers who have taken this course, and join our careers in medical writing course today.
Health & medical writing is a growing field
With more and more writers looking to specialise in a niche, the health & medical writing field continues to increase in popularity.
And for good reason. The work is rewarding – you’re helping people improve their health, adhere to their treatments, and change behaviours.
The clients and job opportunities are as fascinating as they are diverse. You could be writing about heart health one day and paediatrics the next. You could write anything and everything from healthy lifestyle advice to a systematic review, patient information, or be engaged to edit a book.
There is plenty of work available. And, most importantly, it pays well!
Why take a Health Writer Hub course?
Taking a course to improve your health and medical writing skills is important for any writer wanting to specialise.
Writing about medicine takes specific expertise, and it’s not something that general writers can do easily.
Knowing how to write about medicine accurately without overpromising yet still making content appealing and interesting takes a lot of practice.
Those writing for consumers also need to know how to write about complex topics clearly.
If you’re writing for the web, or marketing health products, it’s also important to be aware of regulations, content strategy, social media, how people read online content, SEO and keyword research, and more.
Employers like writers to have relevant experience, so they can trust the work they’re getting is high quality, credible and reliable.
Courses improve your skills so you know that, regardless of whether you’re freelancing or looking for employed work, you’re providing high-quality health & medical writing.
What sets our health writing courses apart?
- Highly experienced teacher – Michelle Guillemard, your teacher, has years of speciality experience working in health & medical communication
- CPD Certification – all courses are independently accredited with The CPD Certification Service, one of the world’s leading CPD institutions
- Satisfied students, succeeding in their careers – reading feedback from past students is a great way to gauge how valuable the course is
- Student groups – being able to connect with other students during the learning process makes the course fun and enhances the teachings
- Niche curriculum – the curriculum addresses the specific needs of health writers and is clearly explained, with the key learning objectives detailed
- Flexible learning – being able to access materials whenever and wherever you like during the course period makes it easier to learn if you have other commitments.
How much do our courses cost?
Prices for online writing courses vary. Some online courses can cost thousands.
At Health Writer Hub, our courses range from $200-595 USD. I aim to make our courses affordable for writers who are just starting out and want to grow their skills but don’t have a lot of spare money to throw around.
What will you learn?
Course curriculum varies, depending on the focus topics and curriculum. Courses teach the following skills:
- Different styles of writing – including news, article writing, patient handouts, web content, sales content, and more
- Rules and regulations – marketing health products, promoting health professional services
- Where to find jobs – opportunities and the market
- Techniques to improve skills – improving speciality skills like copywriting, to general clear writing skills
- Specific skills for medical writers – everything from how to research properly to
- Writing about clinical evidence – how to ensure your writing is always high quality and credible
- Formats – different content formats required by most clients and employers.
The importance of feedback and coaching
Feedback and coaching are essential components of any writing course.
Feedback helps you improve your skills and work on your specific strengths and weaknesses.
Getting feedback from an experienced writing teacher will help you to improve your skills and put the course learnings into practice.
At Health Writer Hub, I offer a range of 4 to 6-week online health & medical writing courses to help you learn essential techniques in a short space of time.
You can learn at your own pace, but have the benefit of teacher support and student forums.
You also get lifetime access to the materials.
Through Health Writer Hub, I’ve taught hundreds of students the art of health & medical writing.
Many of my students have gone on to run their own successful businesses, start health blogs, get employed work as a medical writer, and get published in quality magazines.
If you have any questions, I’d love to chat to you about my courses – please feel free to get in touch with me here.