Thinking about a career as a health & medical writer?
Breaking Into Health Writing is a 12-day course full of practical, insider advice for starting your career in the health & medical writing industry.
- 12-day email course
- Student group
- 1:1 support
- Exclusive focus on health & medical writing
- Your course commences as soon as you register
This course is available on demand
You’ll be sent your first lesson as soon as you sign up.
Who should take this course?
Breaking Into Health Writing is perfect for you if:
- You’re exploring career options in health & medical writing
- You’re a health professional looking for side income
- You’d like to know who the industry clients and employers are
- You want to know if you have the right skills to be a professional writer
- You want a plan for transitioning to the field
- You want to feel thoroughly prepared before you transition
Here’s what you’ll learn.
1. What do health writers do?
Explore the complete scope of health & medical writing (the variety may surprise you).
3. Skills and qualifications.
Learn options for enhancing your skills and completing further training.
5. Staying up-to-date with the industry.
Learn about regulations, laws, controversies and how to keep up with industry news.
7. Freelance health & medical writing.
Learn what’s involved in building a freelance business and finding clients.
9. Making industry contacts and networking.
Learn how to start making lifelong connections in the industry.
11. Rates and making money.
Learn where some of the best-paying health & medical writing markets are.
2. Who do health writers work for?
Discover the businesses, companies and clients who hire health & medical writers.
4. How to write clear health content.
Get writing tips and advice to help you produce high-quality health & medical content.
6. How to get health writing experience.
Discover how to create and enhance your health & medical writing portfolio.
8. Finding employed work.
Discover where and how to find full-time and part-time health & medical writing jobs.
10. Transitioning from another area.
Develop a plan for transitioning to the field with confidence.
12. Building and defining your career.
Plan your next steps, including how to focus on the health-related areas you love.
Lifetime Health Writer Hub Alumni membership
When you join Breaking Into Health Writing, you become a member of the Health Writer Hub Alumni – a collective group of former and current Health Writer Hub students from around the world. Alumni benefits include:
- Access to FREE monthly online webinars – a new health writing webinar is released every month
- Loyalty discounts – 30% off any Health Writer Hub course
- Global networking – connect with a friendly, supportive and professional group of health & medical writers from around the world
- Real-time advice – ask questions and get practical help whenever you need it
- Opportunities to pitch for freelance work – when work is referred in the group
- Immediate access – join as soon as you register for your course
Who I am, and why I want to help you succeed.
Hello, and congratulations on taking the first step towards breaking into health writing! Hi – I’m Michelle Guillemard, creator of Health Writer Hub.
Over the years, I’ve taught hundreds of students about health writing and freelance writing. One in every four of those students takes a second course with me. And, at last count, Health Writer Hub students represented 37 countries!
Health Writer Hub has one mission: enhance the quality of the world’s health content to create better health outcomes and change lives. That’s the underlying principle of all my health writing courses.
Breaking Into Health Writing answers the most common questions about health writing that I’ve been asked over the years. The course is a comprehensive guide to the health writing industry.
People who take the course are looking for guidance and an understanding of the vast career options in health & medical writing.
If that sounds like you, and you’d like to be prepared before you plunge – so you can transition with confidence, armed with useful, practical, easy-to-implement knowledge – then come and join me in Breaking Into Health Writing.
Register online now
Frequently asked questions
What you need to know.
Packed with high-quality, actionable content
“The 12-day course was packed with high quality, actionable content. It was not only engaging and insightful, it was also concisely written into easy-to-digest chunks. A large amount of additional reading material provided further interest and depth to the course. Each lesson linked well with the next lesson and the course flowed seamlessly. The presentation of the information was clearly formatted ensuring an easy-to-read email. Your friendly and conversational writing style are a breath of, fresh air and I found myself looking forward to the next installment. You have well-and-truly over-delivered with your “Breaking Into Health Writing” course!”
Joanne Thambyah, Australia
I looked forward to each day!
“I looked forward each day to seeing what the next nugget would be! Breaking Into Health Writing has been motivational for me, and is helping me focus on next steps.”
Lee Nourse, Canada
Answered all my questions
“Thank you, Michelle, for putting this course together. It not only answered all my questions about health writing but has inspired me to explore this as a career opportunity when l finish my bachelor degree. I would highly recommend this course to anyone interested in learning more about health writing.”
Courtney Baker, Australia
Saves hours of researching
“Thank you so much for this amazing and informative course. Breaking Into Health Writing covers everything a health writer is looking for when he starting their career. It saves hours of researching into how to start career as health writer.”
Samreen Salim, Pakistan
Michelle is the go-to expert for those starting out a writing career in the health niche
“I was fortunate enough to have Michelle as my writing mentor when I began health writing. She’s the go-to expert for those starting out a writing career in the health or medical niche, with insider tips and advice to help you start successfully. In fact, Michelle pointed me to an online resource where I managed to land one of my best-paying clients!”
Joe Leech, Diet vs Disease