Explore a career in health writing
Welcome to Breaking Into Health Writing, a 12-day email course course packed full of practical, insider advice to help you start your health writing career.
- Learn at your own pace
- Lifetime access
- Tutor support
- Private student group
- All you need is an internet connection!
Start your health writing journey today
Ready to unlock your potential?
Who should take this course?
Breaking Into Health Writing is perfect for you if:
- You want to explore a career in health writing – you would like to learn about the field to see if it’s the right fit for you.
- You don’t know much (or anything) about being a health writer, yet you like the sound of it – and, you want a solid understanding of what a health writing job involves.
- You’re trying to decide if you have the right skills to be a health writer – you want to make sure you have the necessary attributes – and, if you don’t, you want strategies that will help you pinpoint any opportunities for improvement.
- You want definite plans for transitioning to health writing – you want to feel thoroughly prepared before you make a significant career change or shift.
Ready to break into health writing?
Here’s what you’ll learn in the course.
- What do health writers do? Explore the scope of health writing (the variety may surprise you).
- Who do health writers work for? Discover the businesses, companies and clients who work with health writers.
- Skills and qualifications. Learn options for enhancing your skills and completing further training.
- How to write clear health content. Get writing tips and advice to help you produce high-quality health content.
- Staying up-to-date with the industry. Learn about regulations, laws, controversies and how to keep up with industry news.
- How to get health writing experience. Discover how to create and enhance your health writing portfolio.
- Freelance health writing. Learn what’s involved in building a freelance business and finding clients.
- Employed health writing. Discover where and how to find full-time and part-time health writing jobs.
- Making contacts and networking. Learn how to start making lifelong connections in the health writing industry.
- Transitioning from another area. Develop a plan for transitioning to the field with confidence.
- Rates and making money. Learn where some of the best-paying health and medical writing markets are.
- Building and defining your career. Plan your next steps, including how to focus on the health-related areas you love.
Every student gets lifetime access to the Health Writer Hub Alumni
The Health Writer Hub Alumni is a collective group of ALL Health Writer Hub students. Alumni benefits include:
- Access to FREE monthly online webinars – focused on specific health writing topics
- Loyalty discounts – 30% off any other Health Writer Hub course
- Global networking – connect with health writers from around the world
- A supportive group of health writers – ask questions, and share advice
- Opportunities to pitch for freelance work – when work is referred to the group
- Immediate access – no need to wait until the course commences to start participating
Ready to unlock your potential?
Lifetime access, and Health Writer Hub Alumni Membership
Who I am, and why I want to help you succeed.
Hello, and congratulations on taking the first step towards breaking into health writing!
I’m Michelle Guillemard, and my courses have helped hundreds of aspiring health & medical writers to enhance their skills and grow their careers.
I work with people from all over the world who are looking for guidance and an understanding of the vast career options in health communication.
Breaking Into Health Writing answers the most common questions I’ve been asked over the years. The course will give you with a solid understanding of how the industry works.
I want to help you prepare before you plunge so you can plan your transition with confidence, armed with useful, practical, easy-to-implement knowledge.
Ready to explore a career in health writing?
Start learning today.
Frequently asked questions
What you need to know.
Packed with high-quality, actionable content
“The 12-day course was packed with high quality, actionable content. It was not only engaging and insightful, it was also concisely written into easy-to-digest chunks. A large amount of additional reading material provided further interest and depth to the course. Each lesson linked well with the next lesson and the course flowed seamlessly. The presentation of the information was clearly formatted ensuring an easy-to-read email. Your friendly and conversational writing style are a breath of, fresh air and I found myself looking forward to the next installment. You have well-and-truly over-delivered with your “Breaking Into Health Writing” course!”
Joanne Thambyah, Australia
I looked forward to each day!
“I looked forward each day to seeing what the next nugget would be! Breaking Into Health Writing has been motivational for me, and is helping me focus on next steps.”
Lee Nourse, Canada
Michelle is the go-to expert for those starting out a writing career in the health niche
“I was fortunate enough to have Michelle as my writing mentor when I began health writing. She’s the go-to expert for those starting out a writing career in the health or medical niche, with insider tips and advice to help you start successfully. In fact, Michelle pointed me to an online resource where I managed to land one of my best-paying clients!”
Joe Leech, Diet vs Disease
Answered all my questions
“Thank you, Michelle, for putting this course together. It not only answered all my questions about health writing but has inspired me to explore this as a career opportunity when l finish my bachelor degree. I would highly recommend this course to anyone interested in learning more about health writing.”
Courtney Baker, Australia
Saves hours of researching
“Thank you so much for this amazing and informative course. Breaking Into Health Writing covers everything a health writer is looking for when he starting their career. It saves hours of researching into how to start career as health writer.”
Samreen Salim, Pakistan
I have not looked back – Michelle’s advice and support are fabulous
“Michelle is friendly and approachable and her advice and support are fabulous for guiding me through the early phases of business set-up and delivery. Michelle shares her business insights openly, understands my needs well and is readily available to talk whenever I need further advice. I highly recommend Michelle to anyone seeking a confident entry into the medical and health writing field.
Kara Gilbert, Australia
Ready to break into health writing?
Lifetime access and Health Writer Hub Alumni Membership