Hello, and welcome! I’m Michelle Guillemard, founder of Health Writer Hub.
For nearly 15 years, I’ve been working as a health writer. First I was employed, then I went freelance. I’ve since worked for all kinds of healthcare brands and businesses – hospitals, government, health professionals, pharmaceutical brands, insurers and more.
I’ve written about pretty much any health topic you can think of – and now, I’m sharing what I know with aspiring health writers around the world.
Why? It’s simple – I’m passionate about inspiring behaviour change through effective communication. I believe high-quality health writing plays a significant role in creating better public health.
Through Health Writer Hub, I’m striving to enhance global health literacy levels and improve health outcomes by empowering new writers to create best-practice, life-changing health content.
Effective digital health communication boosts global health literacy levels and makes a real difference in our readers’ lives.
About my health writing courses
Since 2014, I’ve grown a portfolio of niche health writing courses showing you how to create high-quality, evidence-based, easy-to-understand health content.
All courses are accredited, independently certified with The CPD Certification Service, so you can be confident you’re signing up for a quality program when you enrol.
Here’s an overview of my courses:
- Breaking Into Health Writing – an on-demand, career-focused course introducing you to the health & medical writing field
- Introduction to Health Writing – my most popular online course, Introduction to Health Writing teaches you different styles of health writing: health news, features, web copy, blogs and sales copy
- How to Become a Freelance Health Writer – a comprehensive guide to setting up your freelance writing business
- Principles of Health & Medical Copywriting – a 4-week course blending copywriting technique and strategy with career planning
- Build Your Portfolio Masterclass – a 16-week mentoring program, designed to help you create quality content for your health & medical writing portfolio
- Principles of Health & Medical Editing – an on-demand course teaching you essential medical editing techniques to enhance your writing
- How to Write Patient Education Materials – a short course teaching you how to write explainer-style health content (think Mayo Clinic and Healthline)
Who are Health Writer Hub students?
Since 2013, thousands of students from around the world have taken at least one Health Writer Hub course. There are people from 40+ countries in our student-only Facebook group and 20,000 subscribers. Who knew health writing could be so popular?!
Health Writer Hub students are aspiring writers, experienced writers, health communicators transitioning from an employed role, health professionals, physicians, PhDs and freelancers keen to specialise in health & medical writing.
They are writers who want to work full-time, part-time, in addition to clinical work and around family commitments.
I’m so pleased that they share my vision: to create quality content that improves health literacy, inspires positive behaviour change and creates better health outcomes.
In addition to teaching at Health Writer Hub, I’m still working as a freelance medical writer. I’m also a University of Melbourne Alumni Mentor and contributor to the European Medical Writers Association Journal. A keen industry advocate, I was President of the Australasian Medical Writers Association from 2014 to 2019.
What do I love most about my work? Meeting so many amazing people – from health writing students around the world to value-driven healthcare clients.
When I’m not working, I like to run, surf, snowboard, explore the outdoors and spend time in nature with people I love. I’m grateful to live and work in beautiful Noosa, in Australia’s Sunshine Coast, where I get up early to live life fully. You can find me on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram (mainly personal). I also own two French creperies with my husband!
If you’re driven by the desire to make a real difference in people’s lives through effective communication, you’re in the right place.
So are you ready to enhance your skills and grow your health writing career?