Hello, and welcome! I’m Michelle Guillemard, founder of Health Writer Hub.
For nearly 15 years, I’ve been working as a health writer. First I was employed, then I went freelance. I’ve since worked for all kinds of healthcare brands and businesses – hospitals, government, health professionals, pharmaceutical brands, insurers and more.
I’ve written about pretty much any health topic you can think of – and now, I’m sharing what I know with aspiring health writers around the world.
Why? It’s simple – I’m passionate about inspiring behaviour change through effective communication. I believe high-quality health writing plays a significant role in creating better public health.
Through Health Writer Hub, I’m striving to enhance global health literacy levels and improve health outcomes by empowering new writers to create best-practice, life-changing health content.
Effective digital health communication boosts global health literacy levels and makes a real difference in our readers’ lives.
About my health writing courses
Since 2014, I’ve grown a portfolio of niche health writing courses showing you how to create high-quality, evidence-based, easy-to-understand health content.
Here’s an overview of my courses:
- Introduction to Health Writing – our flagship, 6-week online course, Introduction to Health Writing teaches you five different styles of health writing: health news, features, web copy, blogs and sales copy
- Freelance Medical Writing Course – How to Become a Freelance Health Writer is a comprehensive guide to setting up your freelance writing business
- Medical Copywriting Course – Principles of Health & Medical Copywriting is a 4-week course blending copywriting technique and strategy with career planning
- Portfolio Writing Masterclass – Build Your Portfolio Masterclass is a 16-week mentoring program, designed to help you create quality content for your health & medical writing portfolio
- Editing Course – Principles of Health & Medical Editing Course is an on-demand course teaching you essential medical editing techniques to enhance your writing
- Patient Education Materials Course – How to Write Patient Education Materials is an on-demand course for people who need to write quality patient materials that support patients, carers and families
- Career in Medical Writing Course – Breaking Into Health Writing is an on-demand, career-focused course introducing you to the health & medical writing field
Health Writer Hub students
Since 2014, thousands of students from around the world have taken a Health Writer Hub course. One in every 3-4 students takes another course. And, at last count, Health Writer Hub students came from more than 40 countries!
Health Writer Hub students are aspiring writers, experienced writers, health communicators transitioning from an employed role, health professionals, physicians, PhDs and freelancers keen to specialise in health & medical writing.
The Health Writer Hub alumni are writers who want to work full-time, part-time, in addition to clinical work and around family commitments.
I’m so pleased that the alumni share my vision: that is, to create quality content that improves health literacy, inspires positive behaviour change and creates better health outcomes.
In addition to running Health Writer Hub, I’m still working as a freelance medical writer. I’m also a University of Melbourne Alumni Mentor and contributor to the European Medical Writers Association Journal. A keen industry advocate, I was President of the Australasian Medical Writers Association from 2014 to 2019.
What do I love most about my work? Meeting so many amazing people – from health writing students around the world to value-driven healthcare clients.
When I’m not working, I like to run, explore the outdoors and spend time in nature with people I love. I’m grateful for morning runs, sunrises, family and great friends. I get up early and live life fully. You can find me on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram (mainly personal).
If you’re driven by the desire to make a real difference in people’s lives through effective communication, you’re in the right place. So are you ready to enhance your skills and grow your health writing career?