Hello, and welcome! I’m Michelle Guillemard, founder of Health Writer Hub.
Established in 2014, Health Writer Hub aims to develop your health communication skills and improve the quality of (the sometimes dubious) health content on the web.
Our health writing courses teach you how to create high-quality, evidence-based, easy-to-understand health content.
Through Health Writer Hub, I’m striving to enhance global health literacy levels and improve health outcomes by empowering writers to create best-practice, life-changing health content.
Passionate about inspiring behaviour change through effective communication, I believe high-quality health writing plays a significant role in creating better public health.
A freelance medical writer based in Sydney, I’m also a University of Melbourne Alumni Mentor and a contributor to the European Medical Writers Association Journal. A keen industry advocate, I was President of the Australasian Medical Writers Association from 2014 to 2019. (Outside of work, I like to run marathons and spend a lot of time in the great outdoors.)
Health writing courses
Here’s an overview of the courses on offer at Health Writer Hub:
- Introduction To Health Writing – our flagship, 6-week online course, Introduction To Health Writing teaches you five different styles of health writing: health news, features, web copy, blogs and sales copy
- Freelance Medical Writing Course – How To Become A Freelance Health Writer is a comprehensive guide to setting up your freelance writing business
- Medical Copywriting Course – Principles Of Health & Medical Copywriting is a 4-week course blending copywriting technique and strategy with career planning
- Portfolio Writing Masterclass – Build Your Portfolio Masterclass is a 16-week mentoring program, designed to help you create quality content for your health & medical writing portfolio
- Career In Medical Writing Course – Breaking Into Health Writing is an on-demand, career-focused course introducing you to the health & medical writing field
Since 2014, more than one thousand students from around the world have taken a Health Writer Hub course. One in every 3-4 students takes another course. And, at last count, Health Writer Hub students represented 38 countries!
Health Writer Hub students are aspiring writers, experienced writers, health communicators transitioning from an employed role, health professionals, physicians, PhDs and freelancers keen to specialise in health & medical writing.
Our Alumni are writers who want to work full-time, part-time, in addition to clinical work and around family commitments.
I’m pleased that our students share my vision: that is, to create quality content that improves health literacy, inspires positive behaviour change and creates better health outcomes.
If you’re driven by the desire to make a real difference in people’s lives through effective communication, you’re in the right place.