Hello, and welcome! I’m Michelle Guillemard, founder of Health Writer Hub.
For 16 years, I’ve been working as a health & medical writer. First I was employed, working for different medical companies including the British Medical Journal and Elsevier, then I went freelance. I’ve since worked for various healthcare brands and businesses – hospitals, government, health professionals, pharmaceutical brands, insurers and more.
I’ve written about pretty much any health topic you can think of – and now, I’m sharing what I know with aspiring health writers worldwide.
Why? It’s simple – I’m passionate about inspiring behaviour change through effective communication. I believe high-quality health writing plays a significant role in creating better public health.
As the industry evolves, my courses evolve. That’s why I’m so excited about AI. I see the tremendous potential of this technology to help health & medical writers become more productive while still maintaining quality and accuracy in health communication.
I’m so keen to help new and experienced medical writers navigate the AI landscape with confidence, future proof their skills and stay relevant!
This year, I’m launching two new AI and medical writing courses to help you to just that. In my Introduction to Medical Writing and Artificial Intelligence course, I introduce you to the AI landscape and show you why AI is nothing to be feared. And in AI-Driven Medical Content, I’ll show you how understanding how to use AI writing tools to their full potential is the key to creating the medical content of the future.
Through Health Writer Hub, I strive to enhance global health literacy levels and improve health outcomes by empowering new writers to create best-practice, life-changing health content.
Effective digital health communication boosts global health literacy levels and makes a real difference in our readers’ lives.
About my health writing courses
Since 2014, I’ve grown a portfolio of niche health writing courses showing you how to create high-quality, evidence-based, easy-to-understand health content.
Here’s an overview of my courses:
- Breaking Into Health Writing – an on-demand, career-focused course introducing you to the health & medical writing field
- Introduction to Health Writing – my most popular online course, Introduction to Health Writing teaches you different styles of health writing: health news, features, web copy, blogs and sales copy
- How to Become a Freelance Health Writer – a comprehensive guide to setting up your freelance writing business
- Principles of Health & Medical Copywriting – a 4-week course blending copywriting technique and strategy with career planning
- Build Your Portfolio Masterclass – a 16-week mentoring program, designed to help you create quality content for your health & medical writing portfolio
- Principles of Health & Medical Editing – an on-demand course teaching you essential medical editing techniques to enhance your writing
- How to Write Patient Education Materials – a short course teaching you how to write explainer-style health content (think Mayo Clinic and Healthline).
And here are my new AI-focused medical writing courses:
- Introduction to Medical Writing and Artificial Intelligence – a short on-demand course helping you learn about AI’s role in the medical writing landscape, how to use AI writing tools ethically and the key limitations of these tools
- AI-Driven Medical Writing – a short on-demand course teaching you how to master AI tools and techniques, enhance your medical writing skills, improve efficiency and stay relevant in a rapidly changing field
Who are Health Writer Hub students?
Since 2013, thousands of students from around the world have taken at least one Health Writer Hub course. There are people from 50+ countries in our student-only Facebook group and 21,000 subscribers. Who knew health writing could be so popular?!
Health Writer Hub students are aspiring writers, experienced writers, health communicators transitioning from an employed role, health professionals, physicians, PhDs and freelancers keen to specialise in health & medical writing.
They are writers who want to work full-time, part-time, in addition to clinical work and around family commitments.
I’m so pleased that they share my vision: to create quality content that improves health literacy, inspires positive behaviour change and creates better health outcomes.
In addition to teaching at Health Writer Hub, I work as a freelance medical writer. I’m also a University of Melbourne Alumni Mentor and contributor to the European Medical Writers Association Journal. A keen industry advocate, I was President of the Australasian Medical Writers Association from 2014 to 2019.
What do I love most about my work? Meeting so many amazing people – from health writing students around the world to value-driven healthcare clients.
When I’m not working, I like to run, surf, snowboard, explore the outdoors and spend time in nature with people I love. I’m grateful to live and work in beautiful Noosa, in Australia’s Sunshine Coast, where I get up early and live life fully. You can find me on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram (mainly personal). I also own two French creperies with my husband!
If you’re driven by the desire to make a real difference in people’s lives through effective communication, you’re in the right place.
So are you ready to enhance your skills and grow your health writing career?