Hello, and welcome! I’m Michelle Guillemard, founder of Health Writer Hub. I’m passionate about inspiring behaviour change through effective communication. I believe high-quality health writing plays a significant role in creating better public health.
Through Health Writer Hub, I’m striving to enhance global health literacy levels and improve health outcomes by empowering writers to create best-practice, life-changing health content.
Effective digital health communication boosts global health literacy levels and makes a real difference in our readers’ lives.
About my health writing courses
My health writing courses teach you how to create high-quality, evidence-based, easy-to-understand health content. All courses are accredited, independently certified with The CPD Certification Service, so you can be confident you’re signing up for a quality program when you enrol.
Here’s an overview of the courses on offer at Health Writer Hub:
- Introduction to Health Writing – our flagship, 6-week online course, Introduction to Health Writing teaches you five different styles of health writing: health news, features, web copy, blogs and sales copy
- Freelance Medical Writing Course – How to Become a Freelance Health Writer is a comprehensive guide to setting up your freelance writing business
- Medical Copywriting Course – Principles of Health & Medical Copywriting is a 4-week course blending copywriting technique and strategy with career planning
- Portfolio Writing Masterclass – Build Your Portfolio Masterclass is a 16-week mentoring program, designed to help you create quality content for your health & medical writing portfolio
- Medical Editing Course – Amplify Your First Draft is a new on-demand course teaching you essential medical editing techniques to enhance your writing
- Patient Education Materials Course – How to Write Patient Education Materials is an on-demand course for people who need to write quality patient materials that support patients, carers and families
- Career in Medical Writing Course – Breaking Into Health Writing is an on-demand, career-focused course introducing you to the health & medical writing field
Health Writer Hub students
Since 2014, more than one thousand students from around the world have taken a Health Writer Hub course. One in every 3-4 students takes another course. And, at last count, Health Writer Hub students came from more than 40 countries!
Health Writer Hub students are aspiring writers, experienced writers, health communicators transitioning from an employed role, health professionals, physicians, PhDs and freelancers keen to specialise in health & medical writing.
The Health Writer Hub Alumni are writers who want to work full-time, part-time, in addition to clinical work and around family commitments.
I’m so pleased that Alumni share my vision: that is, to create quality content that improves health literacy, inspires positive behaviour change and creates better health outcomes.
In addition to running Health Writer Hub, I’m a freelance medical writer, writing teacher, University of Melbourne Alumni Mentor and a contributor to the European Medical Writers Association Journal. A keen industry advocate, I was President of the Australasian Medical Writers Association from 2014 to 2019.
What do I love most about my work? Meeting so many amazing people – from health writing students around the world to value-driven healthcare clients.
When I’m not working, I like to run, explore the outdoors and spend time in nature with people I love. I’m grateful for morning runs, sunrises, family and great friends. I get up early and live life fully. You can find me on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
If you’re driven by the desire to make a real difference in people’s lives through effective communication, you’re in the right place. Ready to enhance your skills and grow your health writing career?